Capacity building through videos, documents, & more
Webinar: Letting Your Data Speak: Tips for Presenting Data Effectively
**Part III of the Data Management and Analysis: From Beginner to Advanced Webinar Series**
This one-hour webinar will focus on presenting your data, and your conclusions about the data, in ways that convey the information clearly to your intended audience. This webinar will introduce the basic principles of visual design and data visualization, how to apply visual design principles to presenting data. Topics will include: tables versus charts, different types of charts for different types of data, using data dashboards, and our “Top 5 Ways NOT to Present Data”. The webinar will be accompanied by a written Information Sheet.
By the end of this webinar, participants will:
* Be familiar with the basic principles of visual design
* Understand how to apply design principles to data
* Be able to select appropriate chart types for different data
* Be able to use simple techniques to create strong charts
* Understand the basics about data dashboards
* Feel confident to improve current displays of data
* Feel confident exploring further resources on data visualization and data dashboards
Jessica Manta-Meyer brings over 15 years of experience in creating, running and evaluating programs and currently works for Public Profit, a program evaluation consulting firm based in Oakland, CA. Jessica has worked in youth and women’s health, HIV prevention, LGBTQ leadership development, after school programs, and music education doing everything from running the programs to keeping the books. Her love of both numbers and people is what draws her to program evaluation.
Media Type: Document
Data Viz WEBINAR Slides _FINAL
PDF, 2.73 MB