Capacity building through videos, documents, & more
Targeted HIV Testing Template
The questions in this template will help you create a thorough plan for developing a targeted HIV testing strategy. Targeted HIV testing is the practice of directing HIV testing to high-risk populations and settings where high-risk people can be accessed. You can think about targeted HIV testing as gathering all of your resources and directing them to areas that have individuals who are at greatest risk for contracting HIV.
CDC supports two HIV testing practices:
1. Routine Opt-Out testing in clinical settings
- HIV testing integrated into routine care
- Can find unknown positives in general populations
- Comparatively high volume, low yield HIV+ tests
2. Targeted testing in non-clinical settings
- Can find unknown positives in “high risk” populations
- Comparatively low volume, high yield HIV+ tests
If you would like one of our Capacity Building Specialists to review your plan, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Type: Guideline
Targeted HIV Testing Template - 2016
PDF, 397.34 KB