Learn about how we can help you
Events & Trainings
Social Network Strategy (SNS) for HIV Testing Recruitment
- Open for registration
- May 14, 2018 - May 15, 2018
- 8:30AM - 5PM EST
- Baltimore, MD
SNS is based on the underlying principles that people in the same social network share the same risks and risk behaviors for HIV. In addition, people in the same social network know and trust each other and can exert influence on each other. The approach includes the identification of clients or peers who are HIV positive or at high risk for HIV, and enlist them to become recruiters for network associates whom they believe would benefit from HIV Testing Services.
This training is intended for individuals who will be responsible for leading the SNS program at their agencies (i.e. Outreach Coordinator or CTR Recruiter). Agencies interested in developing an SNS program are invited to apply.
- Describe the Social Network Strategy
- Describe the four phases of the Social Network Strategy
- Draw a Social Network diagram
- Demonstrate the use of program data for program monitoring
- Describe steps to develop a plan for integrating Social Networking Strategy into an existing program